Monday, January 2, 2012

New Commission Painting

Happy New Year! Looking forward to what 2012 brings...

So far, the art projects are falling into place: a couple of sales, a commission painting as well as a potential art reproduction project for a hotel.

I've started working on some sketches for the commission painting. The collectors live in the West Loop area of Chicago and requested a cityscape featuring rooftop water tanks. Below are the initial sketches done with charcoal and graphite on paper, along with some photos I shot for inspiration and compositional ideas.

Sketches:









Photo references:

 





2 comments:

mare said...

Lovely! And I love that you're capturing a bit of history, and a bit of the disappearing landscapes (ie, the watertanks.) Keep up the great work.

Kevin Swallow said...

Thanks! I'm drawn to the water tanks because of their relationship to our industrial past. Couldn't have said it better myself!