Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Finished Painting: Weed St. Watertank

Weed St. Watertank, acrylic on wood panel, 12x12, 2008

I took the day off from my day job today. Got over to the studio early -- framed a painting, and added a hanging wire to another. Then, finished up Weed St. Watertank. By adding in the red, purple, and pink it really brightened it up and brought it together. And yes, the watertank is actually pink. Check out the photo I took below that I used as reference.

Weed St. Watertank, photograph, 2008

After starting two more new paintings this afternoon, made it home in time to meet my wife so we could get downtown to Millennium Park to see a free concert by Chicago's very own, Andrew Bird. He's a multi-talented musician and songwriter whose frequently in rotation on my studio playlist. His offbeat lyrics and music always give me some needed inspiration and creative visual ideas.

No comments: